Hanson Construction Materials (part of Heidelberg Materials)
- Construction materials, quarrying and mining experience across Australia with several leading construction materials and mining companies.
- Operational, project management, logistical, marketing and human resources experience.
- Advocacy with local, state and federal government and agencies.
- Working with science to provide a link to industry for improved restoration outcomes.
- Completing best practice restoration of Banksia woodland.
Vern’s areas of expertise include working for several construction material and mining companies in senior roles encompassing Operations, Logistics, Budgeting, Strategic Planning and Marketing within the Kimberley, Pilbara, South West, Goldfields and Metropolitan area of WA and Australia as a whole. He has been involved in driving sustainable policies within corporate organisations including developing Energy Management Policy for a large Australian construction materials company, which resulted in the company being the first sign up for the Australian Greenhouse Challenge with the Federal Government.
With Rocla, Vern engaged with research institutes to help achieve partnerships between industry and science so that a higher standard of restoration is achieved on the ground, resulting in several environmental awards including two Golden Geckos. Additionally, Vern liaises with government (both Federal & State) and regulatory bodies regarding the benefits of restoration to ensure restoration principles are a key focus for government so that development occurs in a sustainable manner and net increases in habitat begin to occur. With the acquisition of Rocla Quarry Products by Hanson Construction Materials (Australia), Vern continued his work in the resource development field with Hanson, and now also holds the role of National Property Manager.